Education in Information and Communications Technologies
- General information
Degree: Master Studies/Career: Teacher Training in Secondary Education Course: 1st year students ESTS (Host institution): 6 Institution: University of Oviedo Course duration: One semester Pre-requisites: No Target group: This course is designed to develop digital competences that a future Secondary Teacher must have in order to teach Computing courses in secundary school.
The student will be aware of the implications of technology in the profesional and personal life of any citizen. The student will develop the computational thinking competence, and other digital competences such as collaborative work, contents depelopment in the web, multimedia, social cyber-interaction, and awareness of ethical and security issues. They will use different technological tools currently needed for the professional and personal life of a citizen in the XXI century.
This course, therefore, is adequate for any university student. They will achieve a good level in the main computing abilities needed for XXI century citizens, both from a user perspective, and as developer of computing tools.
Priority students: This course is sharing the selection criteria with the OUVM Program Language: English
Course Introduction video
Learning outcomes of the course
Having successfully completed the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the current state and evolution of Computing Technology, and the economic, social, and cultural implications
- Analyse the role of Computing Technology in its different aspects: economic, social, cultural, etc. Distinguish between the main lines of development, and the supporting technologies. Analyse and classify the application areas, and its relation with the types of technologies applied.
- Locate the main milestones in Computing Technology history.
- Analyse the different professional profiles related to computing, and its main competences. Analyse its evolution, current state, and assess future job contexts.
- Analyse and handle the main areas of application of computing technology in order to the personal and professional developing of citizens in modern society.
- Develop the computational thinking competence, and other digital competences such as collaborative work, social cyber-interaction, and awareness of ethical and security issues.
The course includes different types of individual and teamwork activities. All activities are part of the evaluation, including class attendance and participation. There is no exam as such.